Frankfurt sits in the centre of Germany’s network of autobahns and is one of the country’s most important transport hubs, with continental Europe’s largest airport and one of the busiest railway stations in Germany.
The city itself boasts an integrated public transport system with coordinated buses, trams, underground and overground rail links, and taxis.
- Arrive at Frankfurt main train station (Hauptbahnhof).
- You can walk to Messe Frankfurt in just 15 minutes.
- To take the tram board line 16 at the stop in front of the train station. Get off at the stop marked Festhalle/Messe.
- To take the U-Bahn, take line U4 towards Bockenheimer Warte from the train station. Get off at the next stop marked Festhalle/Messe. Enter Messe Frankfurt at the entrance next to the Maritim Hotel and take the free shuttle bus service which will run between the Maritim Hotel entrance and Hall 8 during show hours.
- To take the S-Bahn, take either line S3, S4, S5 or S6 and get off two stops later at the stop marked Messe, entrance Torhaus. Follow the signs to Hall 8.
- The following hotels are within walking distance of the main train station:
- Bristol Hotel
- Best Western Hotel Domicil
- Comfort Hotel Frankfurt
- Hotel Crown
- Hotel Excelsior
- InterCityHotel Frankfurt
- InterContinental Frankfurt
- Le Meridien Parkhotel
- Leonardo Hotel
- Maritim Hotel
- Moevenpick Hotel City
- Hotel Monopol
- Sofitel Frankfurt Savigny
- Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof
- Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan
- Townhouse Hotel
- Most central Frankfurt hotels are within a 15-20 minute walk of Messe Frankfurt. Walking map.
- Arrive at Frankfurt Airport, just 15km from Messe Frankfurt.
- An airport shuttle will be running during the exhibition to Messe Frankfurt and will take approximately 20 minutes.
- To take a taxi to Messe Frankfurt, tell the driver to take you to “Messe Frankfurt, Hall 8”. The taxi fare should be between €25-30 and it will take between 20 and 30 minutes.
- To take the S-Bahn, follow the signs in the airport terminal to Regionalbahnhof/Regional Station and go to platform 1 and take any train to Frankfurt's main train station (they all go via the main train station). At the main train station take the S-Bahn, either line S3, S4, S5 or S6, usually from platform 104, and get off two stops later at the stop marked Messe, entrance Torhaus. Follow the signs to Hall 8.
- Important information on the Frankfurt Low Emission Zone.
- Follow the “Messe” signs and take the exit marked “Westkreuz Frankfurt”. The overhead signs will guide you to Messe Frankfurt.
- Take the second exit at the roundabout.
- Follow the signs marked Messe Frankfurt – Tor 9.
- The porter at Gate 9 will provide parking information.
- For GPS Navigation, use the Messe Frankfurt address:
60327 Frankfurt, Germany
- If you plan to travel within Frankfurt throughout your stay and are interested in reduced admissions to various places of interest in Frankfurt we recommend you buy the Frankfurt Card, either at the airport's hotel reservation counter in Terminal 1, Arrival Hall B or from the Tourist Information Office at the main train station, or from Tourist Information Römer, next to City Hall. Full details on the Frankfurt Card.
- Train tickets for one-way fares, daily tickets and group tickets are available from the RMV ticket vending machines. At the machine select from the following options:
- Einzelfahrt Frankfurt - single ticket to Frankfurt
- Tageskarte Frankfurt inkl. Flughafen - a one day ticket for travel within Frankfurt including to and from the airport
- Gruppentageskarte Frankfurt inkl. Flughafen - a group ticket for travel within Frankfurt including to and from the airport
- Information on ticket prices.
- Information on the RMV ticket vending machines.
- You can also go to the RMV Mobility Center at the airport, Terminal 1, Level 0, Hall B, where you can pick up information and buy tickets for local transport. Remember that you will need to buy your ticket before boarding the train.
- The Frankfurt Card (see above) is also valid for travelling by tram within Frankfurt.
- Tram tickets can also be bought from RMV ticket vending machines. Select from the following options:
- Einzelfahrt Frankfurt - single ticket within Frankfurt
- Tageskarte Frankfurt - a one day ticket for travel within Frankfurt
- Gruppenkarte Frankfurt - a group ticket for travel within Frankfurt