BEING AN INTERMEDIARY
The role of an IMEX intermediary is vital in ensuring qualified hosted buyers attend IMEX. Nobody knows your clients like you do, so we rely on you to pre-qualify your hosted buyer group. You’ll be assigned a dedicated IMEX Relationship Manager to guide you every step of the way.
Answers to your intermediary questions
- * Invite your clients to the show, targeting those who research, organise, influence or make budgetary decisions for international events (outside their home country)
* Ensure your clients complete their registrations, and check them before submitting them to us for final approval
* Manage your hosted buyer group(s) through your IMEX account, ensuring your hosted buyers are aware of all programme arrangements and dates, and their commitment to stay at the show during opening hours and their commitment to schedule appointments
* Nominate a group leader to look after your hosted buyers, escort them to their group appointments, and be our key contact during the show
* Once group appointments are confirmed, contact the exhibitors to ensure their presentations meet your hosted buyers’ expectations
* Tell us straight away if any hosted buyers cancel
* Ensure any replacement hosted buyers complete a new registration (even if they work for the same company or hold the same position as the hosted buyer who is cancelling)
* Contact your hosted buyers 48 hours before they’re due to leave for IMEX to avoid last-minute cancellations and no-shows
* Keep your IMEX Relationship Manager updated on your progress
- Intermediary practicalities
- * Follow our intermediary timeline so you know what you need to do and when
* Log in to your IMEX account for the link to send to your clients so they can create their IMEX accounts and for the unique invitation code for your hosted buyer group. Include both in your invitations
* If you’d like a colleague to help you manage your hosted buyer group(s) contact us so we can give them access to your IMEX account
* If one of your hosted buyers needs to cancel, contact your IMEX Relationship Manager
You’ll be assigned a dedicated IMEX Relationship Manager to guide you.
- Intermediary options
- * You can reserve timeslots in your hosted buyers’ schedules (live four weeks before the show) if you need to block time for events such as breakfasts and receptions
* If you’d like to arrange a fam trip for your hosted buyer group, contact us for advice
- Apply to be an intermediary
- By contacting Sarah Lloyd email@example.com, Director of Hosted Buyer Programmes.
INVITING YOUR CLIENTS TO IMEX
Your invitation email
Include any experiences that you’re treating your clients to, such as fam trips, breakfasts, dinners or other activities. Include your programme dates and tell your clients what is covered by us (flights, accommodation and airport/hotel/Messe Frankfurt transfers).
Use our sample invitation email as a guide.
Your unique codes
Include the sign up link and insert your unique code(s) to allow your clients to register to join your hosted buyer group.
If you’d like to invite clients that you know don’t meet our qualifying criteria, tell us and we’ll qualify them on a case-by-case basis.
Log in to your IMEX account and select your hosted buyer group to view your unique code(s).