Your guide to creating sustainable event stands
Creating a low impact trade show requires a collective effort from everyone attending.
We’ve devised some easy actions you can take to both reduce your exhibiting impact and to support the local Frankfurt community. Together with you, our exhibitors, we’ve been making great strides but there’s always more we can all do.
See our sustainable exhibiting guides:
The IMEX People and Planet Pledge
Positive change starts with collective action. Make a pledge to champion social and environmental impact at IMEX.
Building your own stand?
Share this page today with your stand constructor.
- Ask your constructor to create as little waste as possible.
- NEW: Pallets and wooden crates should not be left behind after build-up and breakdown. Your constructor should take these materials back for recycling.
- Use sustainable and healthy construction materials such as FSC certified lumber, low VOC paint and glue.
- Build reusable and modular structures instead of single-use structures and use recyclable alternatives to polystyrene.
- Order separate recycling bins for paper.
- Breakdown and transport
Before the show
Join the People and Planet pledge
Carbon offset your flights
Ordering a shell scheme stand?
Climate-friendly food and drink
Browse the sustainable exhibiting guide for exhibitors, covering:
- Stand design
- Setting up your stand
- Exhibition participation
- Removal of materials before breakdown
At the show
Travel around Frankfurt on foot or by public transport
Attend Sustainability and EDI education
IMEX-EIC Innovation in Sustainability Award
IMEX-EIC People and Planet Village
Before you leave the show
Hand back your badge
Donate and divert
Share your feedback
With special thanks to MeetGreen®
A huge and heartfelt thank you to our sustainability consultants MeetGreen for supporting us on our sustainability journey.
Contact Eric Wallinger on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how MeetGreen can help with your next event.
TALKING POINT: HUMAN NATURE
Our annual talking point allows you to explore a single emerging or important trend. For 2023 our talking point is human nature – an understanding and celebration of all that’s good about being human.
Explore our 2023 talking point
We are here to help you, contact us if you have any questions.
or call: +44 (0) 1273 227311