Quick answers to your IMEX questions
How do I enable pop ups and sign in to the show site?
Scroll down to read answers to our frequently asked questions.
How does exhibiting at IMEX work?
- What’s included in the exhibiting package?
- As well as your space-only or shell-scheme stand we offer:
* Our online appointment system including unlimited schedules and access to our buyers via our messaging service
* A web page in our online exhibitor directory
* Inclusion in our Show Planner Opportunities to be included in our Show Preview and Daily News Online
* Free stand partner and staff registration
* Exhibitor marketing support and training webinars
* The personal year-round support of our sales team
- How do I apply to take a stand at IMEX?
- Send us an email to email@example.com or give us a call on +44 1273 224955.
We’re here to help you choose the best option.
- When is the exhibiting booking deadline?
- There is no hard deadline, however we recommend booking well in advance to allow time to benefit from the full exhibiting package, and to be certain of a space.
- How do we get appointments with buyers?
- Your profile in our exhibitor directory is key. This is where our buyers will find you. You can also contact them via our appointment system. More details to follow soon.
Once a buyer has made an appointment with you, you can message them direct, and view their appointment profile for information on what they’d like to discuss and any RFPs they might have added.
Join one of our webinars or give us a call for a walk through the system.
- Can you help promote my stand?
- Yes, we’re here to help you with marketing and PR support.
From how to reach the press coming to the show, through how to make your buyer messages stand out, to how to get your story in the Daily News Online, we’ll show you how.
- What sponsorship opportunities are available at IMEX?
- Our sponsorship opportunities are designed to deliver the impact and return on investment you’re looking for.
Pick an opportunity off the shelf or challenge us to come up with something brand new and unique for you.
- Contact us about exhibiting
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
- Text goes here
How does the hosted
buyer programme work?
- Who can be a hosted buyer?
- You need to meet our qualifying criteria of regularly planning or booking large-scale events outside your home country. Register to attend
- What am I committing to if I come as a hosted buyer?
- You’re in charge of your schedule at IMEX. We offer you complete control and flexibility. You choose how many days you attend and who you meet with. All we ask is that you come to the show with business in hand - and that you stay for complete days at the show. The easiest way to do business and get best value from the show is by making appointments. We recommend at least six to eight a day. These should be mainly 1-2-1 appointments, but can include some group appointments and stand presentations.
- What’s the cost?
- As a hosted buyer, you’ll enjoy free flights (from Europe – and long-haul too if you’re coming as part of a hosted group), and free accommodation. Attendance is free too of course, and there are no cancellation fees or fines.
- How does the application process work?
- Around 300 of our exhibitors invite their key clients to come to IMEX as hosted buyers (we call these exhibitors intermediaries). So, if you receive an invitation from one of them, and you’d like to be a hosted buyer, complete the online application form.
Once the exhibitor that invited you has checked the form, we verify and approve it, and send you a welcome email with our website login. Applications usually take around 10 days to process and we may contact you to check some of the details.
If your application doesn’t meet our qualifying criteria, we’ll invite you to register as a visitor buyer. As a visitor buyer you’ll still have access to our appointment system and a buyer badge.
- How is my application assessed?
- You must have the potential to research, organise, influence, or make budgetary decisions for international events (outside your home country). You also must have three confirmed or planned events taking place in the next three years.
We’ll check the information you provide with the venues you mention. Incorrect information may delay or invalidate your application. We make the final decision.
- As a hosted buyer, how long do I have to be at the show for?
- You choose how many days you attend the show. We just ask you to be at the show during opening hours, while you’re in Frankfurt as our VIP guest.
- As an agency buyer, can I invite clients to IMEX?
- Yes you can. Contact our hosted buyer team on email@example.com so we can issue an invitation. Ask about our specialist Agency Directors Forum too.
- Contact us about the hosted buyer programme
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are intermediaries at IMEX?
- What do intermediaries do?
- As an intermediary, you’ll invite your clients to the show, check their hosted buyer applications before we do and look after them while they’re here.
You’ll make sure your group know their itinerary and their commitment to stay at the show during opening hours. You’ll nominate a group leader to look after them and be our key contact for your group. We’ll cover their flights and accommodation too.
You’ll work with a dedicated IMEX Relationship Manager to help you do all this.
- Why be an intermediary?
- IMEX is where key connections and partnerships are made. Inviting your clients to the show and looking after them while they’re here is a unique experience that brings long-term rewards and relationships.
- Who can be an intermediary?
- All exhibitors with their own stands at IMEX are welcome to become intermediaries.
- How do I apply to be an intermediary?
- Contact Sarah Lloyd by email: email@example.com
- What are the key dates for intermediaries?
- See key dates
How does the appointment system work?
Note: You can make appointments from April 24, 2023.
- What is an appointment?
- A 30-minute meeting with an exhibitor booked by you, the buyer. (Only buyers - hosted buyers and visitor buyers - can make appointments).
We also make appointments for groups of buyers to attend exhibitor presentations - and some exhibitors offer presentations at certain times that you can book in to. See these as your opportunity to explore new ideas and destinations.
Close to 42,000 1-2-1 appointments were made at IMEX 2022 - they are the lifeblood of our show.
- How many appointments do I commit to as a hosted buyer?
- When you come to IMEX as a hosted buyer you commit to making appointments with exhibitors, but you're in charge of your schedule at IMEX. We ask that you come to the show with business in hand.
The easiest way to do business and get value from the show is by making appointments. We recommend at least six to eight a day. These should be mainly 1-2-1 appointments, but can include some group appointments and stand presentations.
- How are appointments made and who can make them?
- All buyers can make appointments, whether you are a hosted buyer or a visitor buyer.
Around four weeks before the show, and once you’ve received your welcome email, you’ll be able to sign in, search our exhibitor directory and make appointments directly.
Buyers are also able to make appointments via the Products and Services search, attendee list and messages (with exhibitor staff only).
Appointments are only made between buyers and exhibitors. And, can only be initiated by buyers.
- How do I send an appointment request?
- Sign in, search our exhibitor directory or product and services search, click the appointment button that looks like this:
You can choose to make an appointment with the company, or a specific member of staff.
Once you've selected the time and day of the appointment it will be automatically confirmed in your schedule and the exhibitor's schedule.
- Will I get a lot of email/marketing messages from exhibitors?
- No, our exhibitors can only contact you through our online appointment system, and can only send messages to one person at a time (i.e. they cannot mass mail buyers). All messages will go into your message notifications – available once you sign in (not your email inbox, unless you select this option in your notification settings).
- What happens if I don’t make the recommended numbers of appointments as a hosted buyer?
- We regularly check and audit the number of appointments being made and conducted at the show. If we find that a hosted buyer is not conducting appointments, we may decide to withdraw their hosted status for future shows. This is why it is particularly important for buyers to use our IMEX systems to manage their time at the show.
- Contact us about appointments
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the show
- Who's going to be there?
- Discover our extensive Exhibitor Directory.
- How much does it cost to attend?
- IMEX is free to attend.
- How can I request assistance at the show?
- You can email our operations team, email@example.com, or give us a call on +44 1273 224 958. Find out more about accessibility at IMEX.
- Do I have to attend all three days?
- This depends on your attendee type. As a hosted buyer, you will attend the show for the full days according to your programme dates. However, as a visitor, student, faculty, or visitor buyer you can attend any day of the show.
- Where can I find information on facilities and amenities available at IMEX?
- You can find information on cloakrooms, quiet spaces, prayer rooms and much more on our show facilities and features page.
- Where can I find out about travelling to Frankfurt and parking?
- You can find out about travelling to Frankfurt and hotels on our travel and accommodation page.
Parking for IMEX is located on level P9. Find out more about accessible parking.
- Where's the lost property and cloakroom?
- Please contact the Operations office, room 49, level 8.0 for lost property enquiries. A report will be taken and passed on to security. Cloakroom facilities are available on level 9.T in Hall 9.
- Can I attend as a student?
- Yes, students studying event management can attend the show. You can just register like any other visitor. We recommend students attend on Thursday, 25 May. Students can also apply to join the Future Leader's Forum.
- Where can I learn about accessibility?
- Find out about accessibility at IMEX.
- What language is spoken at IMEX?
- English is the main language at the show. Most education sessions are presented in English and there are some sessions in German. Education sessions can also be translated into multiple languages using Wordly.ai on your device. Details will be provided at the education areas.
- Are education sessions translated or transcribed?
- Yes, sessions in the main IMEX education areas use Wordly.ai, which can translate speech into 25 languages, for real-time translation and transcription. At the session you can scan a QR code. You will be asked to choose your language. You can use your device's headset to listen to the session or can read a transcript on your device.
- When does registration close?
- Online registration for visitors, visitor buyers, students, and faculty are open until the weekend before IMEX Frankfurt. However you can register onsite. Registration for hosted buyers closed 28 April.
- Is there a dress code?
- As this is a business event, most people wear a mix of business casual wear; however, we encourage you to wear clothes you feel most comfortable in, including comfortable shoes. Frankfurt can be very warm in May so do check the weather.
- I have dietary requirements, what kind of food is available?
- We offer a wide variety of healthy food outlets on the show floor in Hall 8 and in the food courts in Hall 9.
Here are some examples of the menus in Hall 8 and Hall 9. There are also two restaurants in Hall 9: Restaurant Centro on level 9.0 and Restaurant Granello on level 9.1.
There’s a small supermarket in Hall 9 for drinks and snacks. You can find a large supermarket with a huge choice of food options at the Skyline Plaza, located opposite the Festhalle entrance to Messe Frankfurt.
You can find out where the eateries will be as well as more menus on our show facilities and features page.
If you have any further questions around dietary requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there a place I can catch up on my work at the show?
- The IMEX Workspace by memox, is located at the front of the show at stand G250. in Hall 8. This space is open to all attendees to catch up on work and use for ad-hoc meetings.
- Do you have any quiet spaces?
- Yes. The Be Well Lounge is on level 9.1 in Hall 9, away from the show floor. This is a device-free space where attendees can join meditation, breathing and relaxation sessions or just find some quiet time.
The IMEX-EIC People and Planet Village is in Hall 9. Attendees are welcome to use this space for quiet time when sessions are not taking place.
A Sensory Nook Pod will be in the Village area, offering features that support people with neurodivergent needs.
Several Nook Pods are also available for use in Hall 8 and in the Hosted Buyer Lounge.
For more detailed guidance on how to make appointments, sign in and go to Quick help guides for hosted buyers/ visitor buyers.
Discover more than 150 educational and networking events – what to expect at IMEX Frankfurt.Find out more
Head of Sales, North America
Senior Sales Manager