Join the IMEX hosted buyer programme
Could I be a hosted buyer?
What you'll receive as a hosted buyer
Free travel and accommodation
- Free flights
- Free accommodation
- The knowledge that we're taking care of the details
- Attendance is free too of course—and there are no cancelation fees or fines
Flexible appointment scheduling
- Exhibitors from hotel groups, event tech providers, convention bureaus
- Airline and travel providers
- Event management agencies
Free professional development
- Association Leadership Forum, Executive Meeting Forum and Corporate Focus
- To expert insight at drop-in education throughout the show
Exclusive lounge access
- Recharge, relax and refresh
- Catch up with calls and with fellow hosted buyers and to meet our friendly Hosted Buyer Team—there to answer any questions you have
What we ask in return
As a hosted buyer you have flexibility, but you must commit to pre-scheduling meetings with our exhibitors. We recommend a minimum of 6-8 daily. These should be mainly 1-2-1 meetings but can include group appointments and stand presentations. We also ask that don’t leave the show early, i.e., after lunch, but to stay for each full day of your hosted program.
We regularly check that buyers are making and attending their meetings (on average IMEX buyers plan 16+ meetings during their time at the show.)
How can I be a hosted buyer?
Applying to be a hosted buyer
Around 300 of our exhibitors invite their key clients to come to IMEX as hosted buyers (we call these exhibitors ‘intermediaries’). So, if you receive an invitation from one of them, and you’d like to be a hosted buyer:
Follow the link they've sent you
Create your IMEX account
Use the unique code to join their hosted buyer group
If you prefer you can also register with us direct.
Hosted buyer qualifying criteria
All hosted buyers must:
- Be responsible for researching, organising, influencing or making budgetary decisions for international events (outside their home country)
- Have three confirmed or planned events taking place in the next three years
- Be coming to the show with purchasing power
- Be at the show for the duration of their hosted buyer programme
- Book meetings with exhibitors using our online system
Hosted buyer meetings
All buyers commit to setting up six to eight 30-minute meetings per day direct with exhibitors using our Exhibitor Directory and online meeting system.
Coming to IMEX from a corporate organisation?If you need to justify attending IMEX to your manager, our Convince your Boss Toolkit helps build the case:
Convince your boss email - coming soon
IMEX Frankfurt expenses - coming soon
Benefits of attending IMEX Frankfurt - coming soon
Letter to compliance department - coming soon
We also make appointments for groups of buyers to attend exhibitor presentations - and some exhibitors offer presentations at certain times that you can book in to. See these as your opportunity to explore new ideas and destinations.
57,700 meetings were held at IMEX 2023 - they are the lifeblood of our show.
All buyers can set up meetings, whether you are a hosted buyer or a visitor buyer.
Around four weeks before the show, and once you’ve received your welcome email, you’ll be able to log in, search our exhibitor directory and book meetings directly with exhibitors.
"It's about meeting new suppliers and hoteliers, but it's also about seeing my friends in the industry, and peers and colleagues. I have a global team but I'm based in the US, so it's good to see my team in person too!"
Beau Balin, Global Market Leader, CWT Meetings & Events US