Your guide to creating sustainable event stands
Creating a low impact trade show requires a collective effort from everyone attending.
We’ve devised some easy actions you can take to both reduce your exhibiting impact and to support the local Frankfurt community. Together with you, our exhibitors, we’ve been making great strides but there’s always more we can all do.
Building your own stand?
Share this page today with your stand constructor.
- Ask your constructor to create as little waste as possible.
- NEW: Pallets and wooden crates should not be left behind after build-up and breakdown. Your constructor should take these materials back for recycling.
- Use sustainable and healthy construction materials such as FSC certified lumber, low VOC paint and glue.
- Build reusable and modular structures instead of single-use structures and use recyclable alternatives to polystyrene.
- Order separate recycling bins for paper.
Before the show
Join the People and Planet pledge
Ordering a shell scheme stand?
Climate-friendly food and drink
Is your stand circular?
Let the IMEX Sales Team know if you’re building a circular stand (one made from recycled materials, that creates no waste and can be used again and again), so we can send our show photographers your way.
At the show
Travel around Frankfurt on foot or by public transport
Attend Sustainability and EDI education
IMEX-EIC Innovation in Sustainability Award
IMEX-EIC People and Planet Village
Before you leave the show
Hand back your badge
Donate and divert
Share your feedback
A huge and heartfelt thank you to our sustainability consultants MeetGreen for supporting us on our sustainability journey.
Contact Eric Wallinger on email@example.com to find out how MeetGreen can help with your next event.