How to get to IMEX Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is easy to get to from the airport, from your hotel or by car or train from outside Frankfurt. It’s walking distance from many central Frankfurt hotels too - download our walking map. And if you're looking for accommodation close to the show, book direct with HotelMap below.
From the airport
By public transport
- By train/S-Bahn from the Regionalbahnhof (regional station) at the airport. Take any train on platform 1 to Frankfurt’s main station. Then take the S-Bahn (lines S3, S4, S5 or S6) to Messe (entrance Torhaus). It takes around 30 minutes. By taxi it takes 20 mins. Fares from €25.
By shuttle bus
Hotel and airport transfers
On show days, we provide airport shuttle buses. Morning and evening transfers also run from selected Frankfurt hotels.
- Follow signs to Messe and take the WestKreuz Frankfurt exit. Follow signs to Messe Frankfurt Tor 9. Ask the gate staff for parking information.
Frankfurt’s main station is 15 minutes from Messe Frankfurt. Or take tram 16 or 17 in front of the station to Festhalle/Messe, U-Bahn line U4 to Festhalle/Messe, or S-Bahn to Messe, entrance Torhaus. An electric shuttle bus runs from the Festhalle/Messe entrance to IMEX on show days.
Arrival and departure information for Frankfurt airport
- Arrival at Frankfurt airport
- If you arrive outside of the transfer dates/times below make your own way to your hotel or IMEX (at your own expense).
Due to construction work at Frankfurt airport, shuttle buses cannot pick up or drop off outside the terminal buildings. The pickup and drop off point will be the bus parking P36 located between terminal 1 & terminal 2.
At P36, please make sure you have your IMEX badge available for our hosts to scan. You can show this on the IMEX App or on your email if you have not yet printed your badge.
Arrivals into Terminal 1
Go through baggage reclaim (even if you don’t have luggage to collect) and exit through the doors after the baggage carousels. Look for an IMEX host in a red t-shirt/ jacket who will direct you to the bus parking which is approx. a 7-minute walk to P36.
Arrivals into Terminal 2
Go to the arrival hall after you pick up your luggage and pass-through customs. Look for an IMEX host in a red t-shirt/ jacket who will direct you to the bus parking. You will be required to take the airport internal shuttle bus to the P36 bus stop and walk across the road to the bus parking.
- Before Monday 22 May
- Contact your group leader/intermediary, if arriving for a FAM trip or as a group. No IMEX transfers available.
- Arriving Monday 22 May
- On arrival at Frankfurt airport, IMEX hosts will direct you to your electric shuttle bus and will transfer you to your hosted hotel.
- Arriving Monday 22 May for Exclusively Corporate & Agency Directors Forum
- You will be contacted by IMEX nearer the time with instructions.
- Arriving Monday 22 May for Association Focus
- If you arrive early and take the shuttle bus to your hotel, you may not be able to check in until the afternoon and you will need to make your own arrangements to get to Kap Europa for Association Focus.
Alternatively, you can take the shuttle bus from the airport to Kap Europa; please advise the hosts at the airport. A free cloakroom is located at Association Focus where you can store your luggage.
- Arrival Tuesday 23 May and Wednesday 24 May
- You will be taken directly to Messe Frankfurt with your luggage. Bags can be stored free-of-charge in the cloakroom in Hall 9 at Messe Frankfurt on production of your hosted buyer badge.
- Departure from Frankfurt
- On the morning of departure:
* Check out of your hotel settling any additional expenses.
* Confirm the check-out time with your specific hotel.
* Please ensure you are on the show floor by 10:00am, regardless of your check-out time
* Bring your luggage to Messe Frankfurt and store it in the cloakroom in Hall 9 (free-of-charge).
If you depart outside of the transfer dates/times below make your own way to the airport (at your own expense).
- Transfers from Messe Frankfurt to the Frankfurt airport
- To Frankfurt airport:
Tuesday 23 May from 8:30 to 18:30 every 20 min
Wednesday 24 May from 8:30 to 18:30 every 20 min
Thursday 25 May from 8:30 to 17:30 every 20 min
Please allow some extra time to get to the airport as shuttle buses will drop off at the bus parking P36. From here it is approx. a 7-minute walk to terminal 1. Passengers for terminal 2 will need to take the regular airport shuttle bus from P36 to T2.
- Transfers from Messe Frankfurt to the Frankfurt main train station
- To the Frankfurt main train station:
Tuesday 23 May from 15:00 to 18:30 every 20 min
Wednesday 24 May from 15:00 to 18:30 every 20 min
Thursday 25 May from 14:00 to 17:30 every 20 min
Information on Friday departure transfers will be available nearer to the show. Buyers departing on Friday will also be contacted by email during the show.
Book your accommodation in Frankfurt
Discover more than 150 educational and networking events – what to expect at IMEX Frankfurt.See what's on
Senior Operations & Sustainability Executive
Senior Operations Manager
Senior Operations Manager